by Tricia L. Shafer
not re-decorate your home everyday? I'm not talking about an overhaul,
but just mixing it up a bit. I like to do a little rearranging everyday.
The sifting decor will give you new looks to your home without spending money. Here are some other benefits to everyday decorating.
1. Rotating decor near sunny windows will prevent the fading of the colors. Your stuff will have a longer life.
2. Moving decor to new places will give you and your family the chance to enjoy more of you decor items. Before moving the items, some were probably hidden or in the back corner so that no one really got to see and appreciate them.
3. You will get to display your collections better. Like most people, I have too much of everything! I can only show so many items at one time. With everyday decorating, I can rotate my items from the closet to the walls, end tables, etc. Concerned that you don't have time? I do it while I'm straightening up each room. You don't have to spend a lot of time for these simple ideas of rearrangement.
Easy Ideas for Everyday Decorating
1. Rearrange items on your end tables, move items from 1 end table to another end table, or shelf.
2. Change the candle colors. I bet you have several candles in the closet or a drawer like me.
3. Move your pictures & photos around. Most of your frames are probably about the same size.
4. Rearrange items in an area. You don't always have to move items to the other side of the room.
5. Use plants in small containers that can be moved around a room, or into other rooms. This is good for the plants, so they get the right amount of sunlight.
6. Change your throw pillows. Get some extra pillow covers in different colors. Pillows provide an easy way to change the color in a living room.
7. Don't forget about the air. Change the scents that you use. Potpourri, candles, air fresheners, etc. are very cheap. I have an easy recipe for gel air fresheners.
8. Change the photos in your frames. I have a lot of snap shot size frames throughout my home. I change the pictures when I develop new film. I keep these frames up to date.
9. Buy a bunch of fresh flowers each week. Try different colors & flowers. You don't have to get fancy, expensive bouquets. Keep it simple. I have a jar where I put my change at the end of each day. This is my fresh flower fund.
10. Change the display of your collectibles. I know you have more in your closet. Change the way you group them. Color, style, type of item (like vases or plates).
© Tricia L. Shafer
Hundreds of inexpensive and easy to make gift ideas
Great for fundraising too!